Apple today announced and released an update to their Logic Pro X DAW (aka “Logic 10”) to version 10.3.2. Highlights include three new Drummers who play percussion in the styles of Pop, Songwriter, and Latin; and Alchemy now includes an automatic time align feature for improved morphing, plus new additive effects expand the options for filtering and modulating sound.
NEW FEATURES IN ALCHEMY AND DRUMMER:
- Alchemy adds five new Additive effects: Saw+Noise, Noise, Comb, EQ, Filter, Strum, Ripples plus additional controls for Pulse/Saw.
- Alchemy adds 12 new synthesized formant filter shapes.
- Alchemy now automatically time aligns sources when morphing.
- Alchemy now offers a Tune control in the Noise section.
- Alchemy’s modulators now have a new On trigger mode, which allows Effects parameters to be re-triggered on all new MIDI notes.
- There are new options in Alchemy’s Note Properties menu, Stepped4, Stepped8 and Stepped16. These options function like the Flip Flop property, but also produce a modulation signal that cycles through equally spaced values between successive notes.
- There is now a setting in the Key Trigger menu in Alchemy’s arpeggiator Cycle Reset, that insures the pattern always starts at the first note at step 1 of the sequencer.
- The Browser in Alchemy now includes Newer Than and Older Than column options to constrain the preset list based on the installation date of the content.
- The default rate for a new instance of the Arpeggiator in Alchemy is now 1/16.
- The maximum number of partials in Alchemy’s Great quality mode has been raised from 128 to 256.
- Alchemy adds 21 new Arpeggiator presets.
- Alchemy’s Additive Effects knobs for Pulse/Saw – Sync, Shift – Pitch and Magnet – Pitch now show semitones when being edited.
- Effects in Alchemy’s Effects Rack are now sorted into categories.
- Copy/pasted modulations now include the full routings assigned to all associated depth knobs.
- Alchemy’s Keyswitching now defaults to KEYSW1 instead of SNAP1.
- Alchemy’s Zone Editor now handles the display of large numbers of Warp Markers by only showing every 10th markers when there are more than 30 markers to be displayed.
- The Alchemy interface now responds instantly to mouse input on wide color P3 displays.
- Alchemy uses up to 40% less memory than previous versions.
- Apple Loops imported into Alchemy now remain reliably in sync.
- When changing from Arpeggiator Snapshot to non Arpeggiator Snapshot and back, the Arpeggiator now is switched back on.
- The sound quality of Spectral Stretch has been improved at low speeds.
- Auto Gain is now set to Off by default in Alchemy’s Morph XY/Lin mode.
- It is now possible to modulate Alchemy’s Keyswitch knob with Arp Mod.
- The last step in the Alchemy Argeggiator/Step Sequencer is no longer unexpectedly tied when a MIDI file is imported.
- In Spectral mode, adjusting the Simplify control in the Cloud Spectral effect no longer cancels the effect.
- Random note property modulators assigned to Keyswitch knobs mapped to samples in Alchemy now properly randomize the keyswitches.
- Setting a Comb Filter’s feedback value to 99% or higher in Alchemy’s Delay effect no longer can lead to uncontrolled feedback.
- FM Keyfollow now scales properly when two notes are played in a patch with the Voice Count set to 1.
- When importing EXS instruments, Alchemy now merges EXS groups that are mapped to the same keyswitch or articulation.
- The browser in Alchemy now retains user choices for column selections when switching from one preset to another.
- The Waveshaper Bipolar button in Alchemy’s Effects Rack again functions as expected.
- Switching between Drummer characters during playback no longer sometimes causes Drummer to stop playing until playback is stopped and started again.
- The record button on Drum Machine Designer tracks no longer unexpectedly disables when changing drum kits.
- The Duplicate Track command now works for Drummer or Software Instrument tracks assigned to Drum Machine Designer or Drum Kit Designer producer kits.
- Drum Machine Designer tracks now always appear as expandable Track Stacks in the Tracks Area so that sub-tracks are immediately available for automation or other tasks.
- Option-dragging a Drummer or Software Instrument track that uses Drum Machine Designer now correctly creates a Track Stack containing all the kit pieces.
For a complete list of updated features and bug fixes, see:
Logic Pro X 10.3.2 includes a variety of Apple Loops powered by Drummer. Quickly add beats to your project by dragging a Drummer loop from the Loop Browser into your project. Choose from variety of Drummer Loops for each drummer.
For info on using Drummer Loops in Logic Pro X, see: