New iPad app bundles four of the most popular Kyma controllers into one wireless multi-touch package
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (MuseWire) – Symbolic Sound’s new ‘Kyma Control’ app for the iPad gives sound designers, musicians, and researchers a new wireless multi-touch controller for the Kyma/Paca(rana) sound design workstation.
‘Kyma Control’ bundles four of the most popular Kyma controller-types into one, wireless multi-touch package that includes:
* An auto-mapped, labelled, bi-directional controller/display that mirrors Kyma’s Virtual Control Surface. All of the controls you see on the computer screen are also available on the iPad screen, including the Preset selection and Roll-the-dice options;
* A multi-touch pen/tablet-style controller, tracking as many as 11 fingers with identifying color trails to help you keep track of where your fingers are touching the screen;
* A standard piano-style keyboard with discrete or continuous pitches and an extra dimension for !KeyTimbre control in Kyma;
* A Tonnetz pitch-space keyboard with configurable vertical and horizontal intervals for experimenting with different pitch layouts;
* Plus accelerometer and compass-heading controls. Accelerometers supply both triggers and continuous controls based on acceleration in the X, Y, and Z directions, along with controls corresponding to Pitch, Roll and Yaw. A compass heading control corresponds to the current direction of the iPad and is useful for panning and other directional controls.
Background on Kyma:
Symbolic Sound’s innovative Kyma X environment features a unique set of sound synthesis and processing algorithms and a powerful way to easily re-combine these algorithms to create sounds that have never been heard before. http://www.symbolicsound.com .