EastWest Updates PLAY to Version 3, adds 64bit Mac OS Support
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (MuseWire) – EastWest announced this week the long-awaited update to their PLAY engine, which powers their current line-up of sample-based instruments. Notably the new update, version 3.0.15, released on July 12, offers 64-bit Mac OS (10.5 or higher) support, more voices, and fast-disk mode.
The update is a free download for all users.
What’s fixed and enhanced in PLAY Software Update v3.0.15?
– added 64 bit compatibility on Mac OS 10.6 (AU, VST, and Standalone)
– optimized performance on all platforms, including increased ‘max voices’ setting now up to 2,048
– added ‘Fast Disk Mode’ feature for Mac for enhanced streaming and faster load times
– added ‘autosave’ feature (standalone only)
– fixed potential noise bursts
– fixed other minor bugs on all platforms.
For more info on the PLAY platform, see the EastWest knowledgebase, here: