Arturia Announces Brass 2.0 Virtual Instrument
Westlake Village, Calif. (MuseWire) – BRASS 2.0 is a new kind of virtual instrument based on a physical modeling technology. It emulates a Trumpet, a Trombone and a Saxophone. All the characteristics of the real instruments have been analyzed and modeled through extensive research at world-renowned IRCAM institute. Arturia has partnered with this highly skilled team of researchers to bring this groundbreaking technology to the musician, in the form of a software instrument. BRASS is an extremely expressive, flexible and controllable instrument, and thus a fantastic alternative to loops or music libraries. SRP $229, shipping Jan. 25, 2010. Free upgrade for registered users of v1.1.
MAIN FEATURES AND UPDATED FEATURES:
– Virtual instrument playable through a MIDI keyboard
– Three physically modeled Brass instruments: Trumpet, Trombone and Saxophone.
* Acclaimed trumpet and trombone models ( V 2.0 )
* Four-part multi-timbrality in Live mode ( V 2.0 )
* Harmonization module to control the polyphonic
instrument kits (60 kits) ( V 2.0 )
* Customize instrument characteristics
(musical style, attack,use static or dynamic mutes, humanizeâ€¦) ( V 2.0 )
* New â€œbrassingâ€ effect used in trumpets and trombones (tightens up attacks) ( V 2.0 )
* New organisation of MIDI controls allowing easier editing and
better control (includes support for the Akai EWI) ( V 2.0 )
* New set of presets, riffs and kits: 75 presets,160 riffs & 60 kits ( V 2.0 )
* Place the instruments in a virtual stereo space with optional ambience reverberation. ( V 2.0 )
* LIVE Mode with total control over expressiveness through extensive
MIDI control of key parameters ( V 2.0 ).